Wednesday 6 April 2011

04/.04 meeting notes

Hello everybody,
 Sorry for delay in writing up the notes I have been a bit hectic. I would like to apologise for those who came on Monday due to a problem with childcare I had to bring my little monster with me and she was not a very good collaborator! So I sort of over heard only the conversation. But I thought that what was being said about process and methodology was quite relevant and could be develop further. My question to the group for this week was about how we work, what is the creative process we follow? do we follow a methodology? How do we record our process?
Nicole said that the process was different depending with who she is working, but that in general verbal discussion is the initial way to start moving ideas.
Sophie talked about a sort of anxiety around the idea of body and mind and mapping your thoughts into physicality; to be clear about what we do.
Something about restriction - technique and technology shaping the creative process....but here I have some gaps and might need your input to recollect. PLEASE COMMENT
I thought we could perhaps discuss that a bit further when we next meet.
Another idea mentioned is the idea of a 'scrapboard' (growing out of what Nicole and Antonio have started with the post-it on the wall. We could use a whole in the studio to map our creative process independently but in a sort of open source way.so when we come to the studio we could have a glance at others process. I like the fact that it would be organically growing in the space along with the work. But I am not completely sure of how to construct it. Sophie mentioned a flip chart...any other ideas?...
TBC
Next meeting Monday 18th 12pm
Nx

No comments:

Post a Comment